Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hooray! TCS has taken in 84 of our students after that mammoth exercise that extended into the wee hours of Wednesday. However, our Prinicipal is not happy as he had expected at least 120 to be recruited.
He asked us, the department of English, to help the final year students. We promised to take up one seminar hour to help out our guys.
But, there is something strange in the selection process - it cannot just be lack of communication skills - brilliant students with excellent academic record and really good, I mean really good communication skills have not been selected. I do not know what the expectations of the company were, but, I do wish there were a feedback to let us know where our students have failed to live up to the expectations.
However, I am happy that there is one person in Salem, a consultant who runs an education consultancy service, who has told my neighbour that their daughter should find a place in GCE, but should not consider it as GCE does not have any recruitment at all ( hey, is the guy deliberately blacking out info? Last year, 220 of our students were placed), who will have to eat his words.
CTS has come in today, and I hope a good number of our good students overlooked by TCS will be happier today. Heard that Hema and Divya had sobbed their hearts out. I wish the kids well.

No comments: