Friday, April 27, 2007

Graduation Day , 21.4.2007
A day to remember in the annals of GCE history. The first ever Graduation Day was celebrated with much pomp and solemnity. I felt touched by the whole ceremony. The very act of receiving the degree certificate reminds me of the hardships borne by parents, especially Indian parents whose children are mostly first-generation learners...it reminds me that for the students and the parents it is indeed a proud moment, one that needs to be cherished. The whole ceremony went off with clockwork precision...except that the Chief Guest arrived an hour late! It was followed by dinner hosted by the college for all the invitees, graduates, parents and staff. Heard it was a delicious one...I missed it 'cos it was late and I had to get back home on the dreaded killer road from GCE to Salem on my two wheeler.

No comments: