Monday, July 09, 2007

How could I give you all such late news? Most unforgivable act, I know. That is because the good news is already beginning to flow in...TCS has taken in 151, ( 151, please), TAFE has taken in 2 and Wipro has taken 39. Caritor has happily taken in 16. More companies are in line.
Right now, we are busy preparing presentations for the NBA visit. The Principal was very pleased with the English department's ppt. He said it was an excellent presentation. I wish I could stop blowing the trumphet, but, I cannot seem to be able to do it.
7 Metallurgy students of last year placed in software companies have cleared the National examinations and are recruited by SAIL as trainess. Purnima Seshadry and Uma Priyadarshini came to offer me some sweets. I feel very proud that GCEians are proving their mettle in their field of study.
The teaching faculty is right now in a decimated condition, what with Prof V.Ramachandran and Prof.Marappan having retired, Dr.Nelson of Maths transferred to Bargur and a few other teachers having retired or on sick leave.

No comments: