Monday, August 06, 2007

Have come back after a three-day Interantional Conference on 'New and Emerging Trends in ELT' and after a paper presentation there based on online communities and social interaction facilitating language acquisition. Was given about twenty minutes to present the paper. Sadly, however, the system provided at Loyola, the venue of the conference failed and as teachers do, I depended on the good old technology of using the audio system in the speech organs of the human body to do the trick. It was an enjoyable experience and I was even more pleasantly surprised by a memento of a book after the presentation. If I were to get books after paper presentations, I'd present a million.
The conference had many foreign delegates and it was good to know that there were people with common interests in technology to aid ELT,(that is, English Language Teaching). There were many workshops on technologies. I have learnt (something to start with) of video production, use of wikis in English classrooms, blogs in ELT and podcasting. I did not know that Skpe along with another software called Pamela helps students listen to their own recordd voices. I hope that I can do something with these little things learnt at the conference.
P.S: Principal Ebenezer Jeyakumar has suffered a mild attack and is under observation at Coimbatore. May he have a quick recovery and get well soon.

No comments: