Wednesday, December 08, 2010

TCS was here on Monday. They have selected 71 students from the college. 33 from CSE, 15 from ECE, 8 from Mech, 3 from Civil, 20 from EEE and 2 from Metallurgy - figures I heard unofficially. The beaming faces of students said it all. 
While I'm very happy for the selected candidates, my heart goes out to those who had looked forward to a placement in a software company. The girls from Civil Engineering seem to have been buffetted by both core and software companies. Core companies have not preferred them, since most recruitment was for distant and remote places. TCS also seems not to have selected girls from Civil, though there are about ten with brilliant attitude, academic performance and very good communication skills. 
I believe HCL is coming in next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the kids. 

No comments: