Friday, April 08, 2011

Feel rather low and down in the dumps, because as the year draws to a close, I feel that with the large number of classes I've been handling, I may not have done justice to the children, because I have not had time to stand and chat with them. I miss the chit chat on the campus roads and canteen ...in fact, I realised I've not been to the canteen more than two or three times this year! 

The stress and strain has also had its toll on my cheerfulness, making me dour and glum, except when I realised that I was turning into a typical teacher - distant, cold, aloof  and out of touch with my first years...and then, I pulled myself out of the sad state of affairs. Even my visits to the library and reading have been sacrificed at the altar of duty. I've not visited the library in more than a year!!!!

The extremely short semester compounded by the election has not made things easier, as one rushed through the lessons and classes...

Hope things are better the next year. My optimism and joy in teaching never desert me. :))

No comments: