Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One already knew that technology was the new buzz word in the campus...but, to have a training programme for about ten days using the video conferencing facility? I would say, 'Way to go, GCE!'

An ISTE sponsored FDP by MHRD delivers lectures and expert talks by IIT, Mumbai professors from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Distances have shortened and learners have experts at their doorstep. 

I'm amazed, but wonder, how does it feel to deliver a talk to a camera? In the MIT free courseware materials, lectures are delivered in classes with students which is recorded. Here,  I think it  is easy to relate to the teacher. 

At VIT, at the International Conference on 'Teacher Development' that I was attending last week,  we had four video conferences, with experts from Canada, USA and UK talking to the audience from the comforts of their home or room. With the facility to offer their PPTs too alongside, it was indeed a refreshing experience. Punctuality is the watchword, because they start and end on the dot. 

I should stop eulogising all this, because I only look like a techno-moron all the time, ha...ha...ha.

No comments: