Friday, December 23, 2011

Kalyani Gerdau was here! 

After weeks and weeks of communication, Mr.Kumuth agreed to bring over his team of HRs to select students from the Metallurgical, Mechanical and EEE branches. 

I met them on Thursday evening to appraise them of the preparations and was pleasantly shocked to see that they had brought over an excellent team of HRs, experts in the three different fields. Their top , senior brass were there - the Vice President/HR and top , former professors presently working with them. Believe me when I say my stomach churned a bit at the thought that our kids would have to meet their expectations. However, I'm always confident about our students and keeping my fingers crossed, I left.

I was happy to hear that they have shortlisted 22 of our students and the results are to be announced within a week. I'm praying for all four leaved clovers, horseshoes, and all the rest of the good luck charms, so that a good number is selected.

Mr.Kumuth was highly appreciative of the excellent quality of our students ; however, he pointed out to the inability of the students to clear their written test and to perform well in group discussions, though they excelled in the personal interviews. Food for thought and action. 

It was a privilege to have interacted with them, as each expert was of the highest merit in his field and it felt good to hear from them that our students are very good. Way to go, boys and girls. (One of the girls, I believe, got a standing ovation at her interview from the three panelists. Wow, that keeps my heart ticking).


No comments: