Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Presented a ppt on Group Discussion to the III year ECE students. What I enjoyed most was the fact that they got the LCD, the projector and system with the least fuss and without me having to go with a begging bowl to the staff in charge for the LCD. It can be a little disconcerting sometimes to have to do this.... but I was spared the blushes by the boys of the final year who got the devices, I really don't know how, but, yes, they did conjure it up in the classroom in ten minutes flat and the show went off smoothly in spite of my anticipation about a technical hitch that always crops up at presentations.

It also seems that 14 of our students, 9 girls and 5 boys were selected by Computer Science Company, which I believe is the third largest mnc. However, they were students already picked by TCS and some of these children couldn't even celebrate the second offer, because they were afraid of the taunts of their fellow students about their dual placement and deprival of a chance to another candidate to be placed.

Ethically, I suppose anyone could argue for or against such placements, but I believe that ultimately the student concerned should be the one to decide and no one can judge them and declare that they were right or wrong.The question that arises in my mind at this moment is this: What if it had been me? I believe that I would certainly have taken my decision based on many parameters and that I certainly wouldn't like my fellow beings to give me a sense of guilt or saintliness, just because of a decision that I took.

No comments: