Thursday, October 19, 2006

It was heart-breaking to see the campus littered with banana leaves, plastic discards, paper, dried flowers, stale food leftovers, mud, water and dried food stains after the campus was let out to the district authorities for the recent elections. I don't blame the authorities, its been the common man (the desi katchi alu) who has done this. Do they know how much care and thoughtfulness had gone into the sprucing up of the campus by the Principal? Ha..I'm disgusted and hope that I don't ever, ever see college in such an ugly state. Hope the district authorities will give it a thorough cleaning up as our sanitation workers are just a few in number and may not suffice to carry out a complete overhaul of the place. Well, don't mind me...I'm an old woman who expects sweetness and loveliness all the time. That is why I am irked by the callousness of the elected and the electorate on the counting day.

However, Diwali is in the air and everybody's bustling around with an air of expectancy and joy. I wish all the students, present and past, a festive and joyful celebration.