Saturday, February 05, 2011

Our fight with machines and equipment goes on - the T-Lan switches for 36 systems has malfunctioned and I don't know when it will be set right. Third Year students are going to miss their classes on the LAN-system based exercises on GRE vocabulary and reading, till that is set right. 
It's a little depressing when one's best efforts to give our students the best possible training during a semester comes undone because of such faults and when everything has to go through a long process to set them right - if the process sees the light of day! 
It's a long struggle, but I sure hope things will take a turn for the better. 
At times like these, infact, the only time, when I wish I were younger, just to possess the optimism and hope of  young people.
That's my sob story of the week, though, otherwise, the week was full of surprises. My best surprise was the Mech 2, first year boys. So refreshingly human, these boys have their hearts in the right places. They are noisy, as boys must be, (it's kind of unnatural when kids keep quiet for long hours), but their work is different, natural and spontaneous. Sasi and Prashanth were my heroes of the week, one with his determination to succeed in life and the other with his appreciation of human effort from a fellow student. 

No comments: